Pinterest Parties have begun! This Wednesday is the beginning of a summer tradition! For this weeks Pinterest Party, we will be making statement necklaces and eating yummy summer treats. Each week my mom and I will find a fun and interesting pin, try it for ourselves and then have friends over to “Pinterest” with us! I will be sharing my attempts at these fun DIY projects and delicious recipes! Hope you enjoy!
First I’ll start with the Statement Necklace! I found this wonderful Blog on Pinterest and I was very pleased with the results!
You can click on this PHOTO above and it will take you to her blog and give you the instructions you need to make one of your own!
Here are all of our finished products!
Now on to the cupcakes. YUMMMMMM!
Pink Lemonade Cupcakes
- 1 package white cake mix
- 1 small package vanilla instant pudding
- 3 Tbsp sweetened pink lemonade drink mix (like Country Time Pink Lemonade mix)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup oil
- 4 whites eggs (save the yolks for tomorrows recipe)
- 6 drops of pink food coloring
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 2 pound package or 7 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 3 drops of pink food coloring
- 24 lemon slice candies or grapefruit slice candies
- 12 colored flexible drinking straws
- In a large bowl, whisk cake mix, pudding mix, and drink mix together. Add sour cream, lemon zest, water, oil, and egg whites to the dry mix. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed for about two minutes. Use a strong mixer, this batter is thick.
- Scoop batter into 24 lined muffin tins. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes until cupcakes don’t look wet and a toothpick inserted in one comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before frosting the cupcakes.
- Prepare the frosting by creaming butter, shortening, and lemon zest together. Then add lemonade concentrate, milk and vanilla with a mixer. Beat until smooth. Then gradually add the sugar, mixing well until light and fluffy. Beat in the food coloring.
- Pipe frosting onto the cupcakes. (You will have plenty to pile it on. I had over 1 cup leftover. Leftover frosting is good sandwiched between two graham crackers). Place a lemon candy wedge on top of each cupcakes. With the straws cut the top 1/3 of the straw off just below the flexible part. Discard the tops. Then cut the remaining straw pieces in half. Place one straw piece in each cupcake to resemble a drink.
Cupcake recipe is a Real Mom Kitchen Original, Frosting is adapted from A Little Loveliness